Whats the point in the free trial if you cant do anything? RRS feed

• Question

• I signed up for a free trial. Looked to create a virtual machine clicked XenApp Trial 7.8 and did all the forms. Selected 2 cores. The lowest setting. What for? 

Validation Failed 

Quota Exceeded: Max allowed 4 cores. Currently in use zero. Needed TWELVE cores. 

Whats the point? Not impressed. Complete waste of time. 

Thursday, May 26, 2016 9:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

I suggest you to retry after some time and deploy your VM with a new location. Let us know if you are facing similar issue. Also, please contact our billing team for further analysis on your trail account.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Girish Prajwal

Friday, May 27, 2016 4:25 PM
  • Completely agree. Tried the exact same thing and failed validation:   "Operation results in exceeding quota limits of Core. Maximum allowed: 4, Current in use: 0, Additional requested: 11".

Friday, May 27, 2016 4:37 PM
  • I've got the same message:

Maximum allowed: 10 Current in Use: 0 Additional Requested: 11

Thursday, September 15, 2016 1:57 PM
  • Hi,

Please note that the Xen App Trial is a farm, and minimum machines required for it are 6. Since the trial subscription has limited cores your deployment will be failed. 

Note the 6XStandard A* when you chose in size in deployment settings. So if you chose A2 VM then in total it means 12 cores will be utilized because A2 is a 2 core VM

I am not sure but you can try contacting the billing support (from inside your azure portal) to increase the quota of the cores?

Rahber
    @Rahber

Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:58 PM