none
Error when trying to add method to ActiveX control RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I get an error when I try to add a new method to my ActiveX control. I try to add the method to the dispinterface using the wizard, in the same way as I have done it 50 times before without problems. When I hit ‘Finish’, the following error occurs:

Failed to return new Code Element. Possibly syntax error. New Element Name: NameOfMyMethod

After which the class of the control disappears from the class view.

I’ve tried several things now, including deleting any ncb files, rebuilding the entire solution and re-installing Visual Studio. Without much luck. I’m hoping someone has an idea what may be going on here...

Thanks,
    Peter

Thursday, January 25, 2007 1:27 PM

Answers

• Hello

Re: Error when trying to add method to ActiveX control

I am going to mark this thread as answered since you have not followed up with any further information on your problem as requested - I assume you solved the problem yourself or one of the suggestions in this thread helped you solved the problem. If you have a solution you could post it so others can find it. If you do not have a solution then please submit further details and then mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks

Damien

Monday, March 19, 2007 6:22 PM

All replies

• Anyone?
    Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:48 AM
  • Hello

So I know this is asking the obvious but is there a syntax error there? Have you duplicated a name?

Thanks

Damien

Friday, March 9, 2007 7:07 PM
  • Hello

I am going to mark this thread as answered since you have not followed up with any further information on your problem as requested - I assume you solved the problem yourself or one of the suggestions in this thread helped you solved the problem. If you have a solution you could post it so others can find it. If you do not have a solution then please submit further details and then mark the thread as unanswered.

Thanks

Damien

Monday, March 19, 2007 6:22 PM