Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object Error RRS feed

All replies

• User1695751278 posted

Hi, we are getting same error.

It works in VS 2008,

but not in IE.

It has been working for last 4 months, but last week it stopped.

We added the Web Key above; still not  working.

The report has 8 parameter choices and is a matrix style.  No subreports. Any ideas?

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 12:16 PM
  • User-1628516020 posted

How many input controls does your HTML form have?

Thursday, January 5, 2012 8:17 AM
  • User1695751278 posted

I am not sure what an Input Control is.  I am using VS to write SRS reports and deploy them to the Microsoft Reporting Services report manager.

We have 8 parameters that the user chooses from to run the report.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:36 AM
  • User-1628516020 posted

It doesn't sound like this update is actually affecting you, it may be another update that was recently released.  View the HTML code that is produced, and that when you submit the form generates this error - then count the number of <input ..... /> and <select>...</select> elements that are in between the (or each, if there are more than one) <form>...</form> tags.  If there are a lot of these (over 500 or 1000) then this is probably your problem, but I suspect (also, due to what you are saying the nature of the form is) that this form will only have 8-10 of such elements - if this is the case then this update probably isn't causing your problem.

Thursday, January 5, 2012 10:54 AM
  • User1840501234 posted

Try setting value of MaxHttpCollectionKeys  to 5000 and TEST.

Thursday, January 12, 2012 5:11 PM
  • User-1708958565 posted

I am using VS to write SRS reports also for deploying Microsoft Reporting Services. After removing the latest security updates the SRS reports worked without getting the error "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object". Is there a way to do the security updates and not get this error on the SRS report?

Friday, January 13, 2012 5:49 PM
  • User1840501234 posted

I cannot directly answer but I want to offere you a starting point.  The error I had was evidenced when I was doing async postback with a large datatable on page. I suspect you have same scenario. You need some way to allow more rows to return to calling page. The above change to web.config does just this as the MS update reduces the # of rows? permitted.   Good luck, Tom

I am using VS to write SRS reports also for deploying Microsoft Reporting Services. After removing the latest security updates the SRS reports worked without getting the error "Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object". Is there a way to do the security updates and not get this error on the SRS report?

Friday, January 13, 2012 6:45 PM
  • User-2115417031 posted

I kept getting this error ever since the KB2656353 security update for .Net Framework 1.1 was installed. If you uninstall the security update, the error message will go away. You can uninstall it by going into add/remove programs. check the checkbox "Show Updates" at the top of the window. Scroll down to Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 and you should see the KB2656353 security update. Uninstall and reboot your machine and you should be good to go.

Thursday, January 26, 2012 10:57 AM
  • User612738208 posted

I posted elsewhere on this site my experience with the MaxHttpCollectionKey fix.  Did not work for .Net 1.1 but did when running the same app under .Net 2.  Is there a different fix for .Net 1.1?

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:59 PM
  • User49201036 posted

For .Net 1.1 , you have to manually uninstall all security updated that is being install after dec 11.

for that in control panel you have to go to add or remove program in that check show update checkbox. and unistall all update done after dec11.

also turn off automatic update.

even though it is not solved than you have to format your server than 100 percent problem will solved.

but remeber to off automatic update.

if you want to know in more detail why this error occur that go though below link

http://go281.wordpress.com/tag/maxhttpcollectionkeys/

Monday, February 20, 2012 6:32 AM
  • User-1678569790 posted

Hi,

It worked for me, Thanks.

Oscar Gómez

Engineer at PSL

http://www.pslcorp.com/

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:49 PM