none
How to display data from custom events? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I don't seem to find any way to display the custom payload in the generic events view. Previous versions of WPT displayed the custom data in tooltip in the graph and columns of the summary table. These are gone. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Albert

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Albert,

you need to press one button for this :).

If you like to know about this --> check the current viedeo from Michael Milirud fpr that:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/BUILD/BUILD2011/HW-59T

Best regards

Rainer

RPA
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 9:39 PM
  • Thanks Rainer! Unfortunately, this does not answer my question. Note that I'm talking about *custom events* that we have added to our application that log custom data. The old UI (xperf) shows our custom data in the "Generic Events" graph (in the tooltips) and associated summary table (in columns) but I can't find a way to this in  the new UI (WPA).

Hope this clarifies what my question is.

Albert

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:17 PM
  • Thanks for feedback. This is a known limitation of pre-release version of WPA. The workaround is to select a time range around that event and then see in the table the respective row that gets highlighted. We are looking into bringing this particular scenario to parity with xperfview in terms of ease of use though.

Thanks,  Michael

Thursday, October 27, 2011 11:34 PM
  • I'm using the version 8158, and it works for me (running on Windows 7, rather than 8, though).

The first data entry I've added to the event shows up as "Field 1" in the table. In my case, it's a path name. Second shows up as Field 2.

Only shows up when I'm down to a single event, though. Aggregates of multiple events don't show it (I guess that makes sense :) ).

I just checked, and the data shows in the tooltip, too. It's shown at the end, under "User Data". Each field is shown separately, labelled with the names I gave them.

• Edited by CynicalCat Monday, December 12, 2011 5:57 PM More Information
    Monday, December 12, 2011 8:42 AM
  • Windows 8 Beta version of WPA does have tooltips. We listened and made it even better :) You'll find these to be far superior to xperfview's tooltips.

Thanks,  Michael

Monday, February 20, 2012 8:38 AM
  • Thanks for adding this. I can actually use wpa.exe now.:-)

albert

Thursday, April 26, 2012 5:59 PM