none
How to disable Excel Add-in uisng Registry? RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed oracle hyperion smart view for office add-in. And now I am trying to disable this add-in using c#, I am able to disable COM Add-in by changing LoadBehavior registry key, but I am unable to disable Excel Add-in.Here Oracle add-in installed as COM as well as Excel Add-in.

Here I want to disable Excel-Add in. Can any one help to sole this issue.

Here Excel Add-in takes HsTbar.xla as reference from C:\Oracle\SmartView\bin\HsTbar.xla

Wednesday, April 9, 2014 3:08 PM

Answers

• Hi GUN123456,

The registry entry of all excel add-ins is located here:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Excel\Add-in Manager

You could maually remove the add-in. If you want to do this in C# language, please check this article:

Read, write and delete from registry with C#

Change the registry entry could be dangerous to your computer, be careful not changing other registry entries.

Just delete the HsTbar.xla file or move it to other folder will also do the trick.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can disable all Excel add-ins in the host application, see Enable or disable add-ins in Office programs for details. Also please take a look at the Excel COM add-ins and Automation add-ins article which describes how to enable/disable both type of add-ins.

Excel add-ins:

• Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
      • Click Add-Ins.
      • Under Manage, click Excel Add ins, and then click Go.

COM add-ins:

1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Excel Options.
    2. Click Add-Ins.
    3. Under Manage, click COM Add ins, and then click Go.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Hi GUN123456,

The registry entry of all excel add-ins is located here:

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Excel\Add-in Manager

You could maually remove the add-in. If you want to do this in C# language, please check this article:

Read, write and delete from registry with C#

Change the registry entry could be dangerous to your computer, be careful not changing other registry entries.

Just delete the HsTbar.xla file or move it to other folder will also do the trick.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:39 AM