VS2013 LightSwitch HTML Client: Timeout issue - shows login form halfway hidden in page content. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

When the authentication session times out my application breaks and for some reason, a login form is appended into the page content multiple times, halfway hidden and sometimes outside the screen.

I have tried to retype the username and password and submit "one" of the forms, but it as no effect.

There is an example of one of the forms bellow. 

Is this a bug or by design ?

If it is by design, could someone please explain to me, how it works and how I should proceed ?

How can I "handle" the authentication time out ?

Thank you for your time.

Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Since I could not reproduce the issue on my side, you can provide me with your scenario below or report it in this site: http://connect.microsoft.com/ .

In addition, there are some similar questions below and you may refer to them.

Lightswitch Inactivity Timeout

LightSwitch timeouts and SessionState service

Signed-In Part 4 – Authentication and Branding (Andy Kung)

Hope it helps.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 22, 2013 6:02 AM
  • My problem is not the timeout per say.. The problem is that the timeout is not handled. I wish to notify the user when a timeout occurs. By perhaps showing an alert saying "Your session has timed out. Press OK to go back to the login page". None of the post you refer to gives a solution to this problem.

I do NOT wish to change the timeout time or remove the timeout entirely. I just wish to handle it in a user friendly manner.

Thursday, February 6, 2014 12:23 PM