UI Automation for Metro style app

Question

• I am trying to build a tool which can access UI
    controls of metro style app, same as we do in the UI automation, searching
    control from control tree and accessing control property. I am looking for the
    metro UI style UIAtomation API and few sample but firstly I want to know is
    this possible for metro style apps as they run under appcontainer (protected
    trust)?

thanks

Neeraj

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:37 AM

All replies

• Metro style apps can be automated by UI Automation applications with accessibility privileges (UIAccess). You can demonstrate this with Inspect.exe in Windows Kits\8.0\bin\x64\inspect.exe

--Rob

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 7:00 PM
    Owner
  • thanks for the response, I created a console application and changed app.manifest   <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="true" />, application is reside under protected location (program files) with test certificate but every time I am trying to run it return with

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual Studio

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start program 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Neeraj\UnitTestProject1\ConsoleApplication1\bin\Debug\ConsoleApplication1.exe'.

The application manifest has the uiAccess attribute set to 'true'. Running an Accessibility application requires following the steps described in Help.

OK   Help  

Help link (http://msdn.microsoft.com/query/dev11.query?appId=Dev11IDEF1&l=EN-US&k=k(vs.debug.error.launch_elevation_requirements);k(TargetFrameworkMoniker-.NETFramework,Version%3Dv4.5)&rd=true) is broken. All this I am running in win 8 (consumer preview) machine .

Friday, May 25, 2012 6:14 AM