Why am I seeing the full path in e.ReportPath (SubreportProcessingEventArgs) instead of just the sub report name? RRS feed

• Question

• On one machine, the same exact visual basic windows form solution shows just the report name in e.ReportPath:

enter image description here

On my second machine, the full path is prefixed before the sub report:

enter image description here

What do I need to change on the second machine to just get the sub report minus the path?

James

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi JimMooreEIS,

Thank you for your question.  I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.  

Thank you for your understanding and support. 

Thanks,               
    Xi Jin.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 2:57 AM
  • Hi,

The machine which correctly shows the sub report name should be the SSRS local machine, and the second machine should be the server which the report is deployed to, right? 

I think you can use Substring function to extract the sub report name you want.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 8:08 AM
  • Hi Vicki. Thank you for your response. Actually, both machines are SSRS local machines. There is no server involved at all for I am using RDLC reports with a local MDF. I did extract the sub report out of the string as a work around, although I am still puzzled as to why this is happening on one machine and not the other.

Thank you again. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this issue.

James

• Edited by jmoore965 Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:24 PM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:39 AM
  • Hi,

Just curious as to whether anyone is still looking into this issue.

Thank you,

James

James

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 1:52 PM
  • I am having exactly the same problem described here and would also like to know what exactly influences this. The identical program executed on two different PCs. The "e.ReportPath" on one just contains the name (eg. "ReportA" or "ReportB") and on the other machine there is a full path with extension (eg. "C:\Test\ReportA.rdlc" or "C:\Test\ReportB.rdlc")
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:04 AM
  • Hi James, did you eventually get an answer / find a solution?
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 9:42 AM
  • No, sir.

James

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 1:07 PM