Is Windows store app can hold 500 pages?

Question

• I want to create a game with 500 level each level written in every page, so i need 500 pages. Is windows app can hold 500 pages in one project?I just  remove backStack to optimize the app. I am just absolute beginner sorry for that.
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:53 AM

Answers

• I havn't see any documents about counts of page in windows store app,But i think it's really a terrible idea to do this,The  memory usage will very big,when you navigation from page1 to page2 to page3 to ... to page500, your all page will be in memory, your app must be crash,So I think it's better to load resources and put on one page,or some pages is a good idea.
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:13 AM
  • That sounds like a really bad design to me.

Can you not dynamically fill the page with your "level" instead when the page is navigated to?  Use a Canvas or other control (as your level needs) and then use a proper class in code-behind to put the current level data to the page?  Use the same page every time.  When the user has to go to the next "level", just change the level to the new one and re-populate the page.

There are other things to think about when asking "can I have 500 pages..." such as how you'd recover from a tombstoning event such as being navigated away from.  How would you get the user back to the 433 page quickly, as an example?

Also - If you wanted to add a new feature to each page, you'll have to go and do it 500 times.

And - If you want to move your project to another platform now or in the future, how long will it take to re-create 500 pages?

Darin R.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:04 PM

All replies

• I havn't see any documents about counts of page in windows store app,But i think it's really a terrible idea to do this,The  memory usage will very big,when you navigation from page1 to page2 to page3 to ... to page500, your all page will be in memory, your app must be crash,So I think it's better to load resources and put on one page,or some pages is a good idea.
    Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:13 AM
  • That sounds like a really bad design to me.

Can you not dynamically fill the page with your "level" instead when the page is navigated to?  Use a Canvas or other control (as your level needs) and then use a proper class in code-behind to put the current level data to the page?  Use the same page every time.  When the user has to go to the next "level", just change the level to the new one and re-populate the page.

There are other things to think about when asking "can I have 500 pages..." such as how you'd recover from a tombstoning event such as being navigated away from.  How would you get the user back to the 433 page quickly, as an example?

Also - If you wanted to add a new feature to each page, you'll have to go and do it 500 times.

And - If you want to move your project to another platform now or in the future, how long will it take to re-create 500 pages?

Darin R.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 5:04 PM