none
Kinect Studio SDK for Automated Testing RRS feed

• Question

• Our software is run through a gauntlet of automated tests with each release.  We have written software that turns this into a 1 click process for the tester.  We would like to test the Kinect features in this same unattended automated way.  Kinect Studio is great, but requires user interaction.  Is there an interface I can use to either control Kinect Studio from our program, or do what Kinect Studio does, and run our own saved Kinect sessions through the Kinect pipeline?  If not, then may we please have the source code for Kinect Studio?  Or failing that, can you please publish the interfaces used by Kinect Studio to push data through the Kinect pipeline?
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• the only current way to do what you need is to use your automation to drive the UI of Kinect Studio.
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:54 PM
  • I had considered that.  It seemed to me a bit ugly to be sending windows mouse messages to the Kinect Studio UI.  Our current test automation suite doesn't do anything like that, since 90% of our software can be tested by running scripts in the software itself.  So venturing into sending Windows messages to Kinect Studio would be something new for us, which I'd prefer to avoid.

Is there some way to control Kinect Studio other than using calls to SendMessage()?  Is there any documentation you could suggest?

• Edited by neurobs Friday, March 22, 2013 12:18 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2013 12:15 AM
  • unfortunately, at this time, there are no APIs to programmatically send KS/XED data to a running program.

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:11 AM