"winmdexp.exe" exited with code -1073741819.

Question

• Hello, I'm developing an universal app in Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 RC. Can you clarify about error "winmdexp.exe" exited with code -1073741819?

Monday, May 12, 2014 7:27 PM

Answers

• Most probably something related to Release Candiate. I don't have any problems after installing final VS2012 Update 2.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:40 PM

All replies

• Hi Vaclav,

May I know what you have done when you meet this error message? When debugging the app or just open the project?

Probably you should raise the question at connect side as http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh994906(v=vs.110).aspx link told.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:57 AM
  • This is a compile error. I think I exposed something wrong by Windows Runtime Component.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:23 AM
  • I saw some post(http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8f5fffbb-db09-4afa-8127-345271140caf/please-clarify-about-error-winmdexpexe-exited-with-code-532462766?forum=toolsforwinapps) years ago also meet a similar error (exist but with different code) and they solve it by setting the configuration correctly, this might help you. However I've never meet such question so I can hardly provide more information.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:43 AM
  • This is code dependent. Where are documented winmdexp.exe status codes? This forced to change entire app architecture.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:57 AM
  • Most probably something related to Release Candiate. I don't have any problems after installing final VS2012 Update 2.
    Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:40 PM