Can the same sqlite db be accesed by both windows store app and a destop application written in java?

Question

• Hi,

I have a destop application written in java which uses SQlite db for data storage. Also, I have windows store app which needs to read and write to the same SQlite db used by the destop application.

Could you please let me know if this is possible to achieve. If yes, then how?

Thanks

Friday, June 27, 2014 9:52 AM

Answers

• This should work, as the Java application should not have any restrictions about where it reads/writes the file. However, it's not been tested, and you would need to figure out the details for yourself. You may run into concurrency or oplock issues as well with simultaneously writing.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, June 27, 2014 12:38 PM

All replies

• This should work, as the Java application should not have any restrictions about where it reads/writes the file. However, it's not been tested, and you would need to figure out the details for yourself. You may run into concurrency or oplock issues as well with simultaneously writing.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, June 27, 2014 12:38 PM
  • Thanks a lot.
    Monday, June 30, 2014 8:01 AM