MS Project2013 Application Event for selected cell RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

at the moment I am beginning to program a taskPane application for MS Project 2013.

I need to reload the data in the taskpane when the user changes the selected cell.
    I have a custom column with a value that I have to read to load the appropriated data in the taskpane.

So I need an event handler when the selected cell changes and an function that reads the custom field in the same row.
    At the moment I am still stuck at creating the event handler ,bc I could not find an appropriated one.
    Could somebody please point me in the right direction?

I already found this EventListe, but I could not find one which I could use. Maybe I just missed it. 

edit: I am writing the app in C#

thx in advance

Pascal 

• Edited by Pascal90909 Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:29 AM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 9:45 AM

Answers

• Hello Pascal,

It looks like you are interested in the WindowSelectionChange event of the Application class. It is fired when the selection handle is changed within a window in Project.

• Marked as answer by Pascal90909 Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:19 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hello Pascal,

It looks like you are interested in the WindowSelectionChange event of the Application class. It is fired when the selection handle is changed within a window in Project.

• Marked as answer by Pascal90909 Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:19 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:48 AM
  • Thank you very much!

Could you maybe also help me with the creation of the event handler.

I tried to place it in the ThisAddIn_Startup(object sender, System.EventArgs e) function 

But I get the error: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.EventHandler to Microsoft.Office.Interop.MSProject._EProjectApp2_WindowsSelectionChangesEventHandler

I already tried a couple of thinks but I was not able to fix it and I also couldn't find any good examples on google.

Edit: OK so scheint es jetzt zu gehen:

app.Application.WindowSelectionChange += app_WindowsSelectionChange;

private void app_WindowsSelectionChange(MSProject.Window Window, MSProject.Selection sel, object selType)

• Edited by Pascal90909 Thursday, September 4, 2014 4:19 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2014 3:23 PM