Windows Live Id in Offline mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can it is possible to authenticate my client application using windows live id in offline Internet connection mode ? If then how ?

Thanks.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 6:19 AM

Answers

• Live ID authentication requires access to the login.live.com server, so it is not possible to use it in off-line mode.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:49 PM
  • I don't think you will have enough data locally to re-authenticate the Live ID user without a round trip to login.live.com - you won't have the password for example, so you can't really be sure the returning user is the original user can you?

Will each user have a different Windows user account? You may be able to use that to distinguish the different users, and that will work when you are offline too.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:31 PM

All replies

• Live ID authentication requires access to the login.live.com server, so it is not possible to use it in off-line mode.

Thursday, December 20, 2007 7:49 PM
  • Is it possible if i stored my earlier logged in information in my local database like the token id, uid and username ?

So that if I logged in offline, I just have to check if I am online or offline and if I am offline I will used my previousely saved information to logged into my client application.

Is this can be possible ?

It may sound funny but this my project's work around.

Friday, December 21, 2007 3:23 AM
  • I don't think you will have enough data locally to re-authenticate the Live ID user without a round trip to login.live.com - you won't have the password for example, so you can't really be sure the returning user is the original user can you?

Will each user have a different Windows user account? You may be able to use that to distinguish the different users, and that will work when you are offline too.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 7:31 PM