none
Getting error of Remote procedure call failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Windows 10 (64 bit) with MS office 2016. We have our application developed on VS 2015. We have word report of 17 pages.

Now when we are trying to generate the word report, it gives me an error (shown below) and MS word gets restarted 

Error: "System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE): The remote procedure
    call failed. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BE)"

Can you please help me to solve this error.

Friday, March 17, 2017 8:41 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What code are you using and which line causes the issue?  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 3:35 AM
  • Document.Main() where document is object of word.
    Monday, March 20, 2017 3:58 AM
  • Hello,

I think Word Object Model doesn't provide any method like Application.Main().

I suggest you try to generate the report manually in the Word application to check if the issue is related to your Office product or your code.

If the issue is related to code, I suggest you share detail code with us for testing.

If you also get the error when do it manually, I suggest you post on the following forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=word

Regards,

Celeste  

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 6:33 AM