Visual Studio 2005 registration RRS feed

• Question

• I  recently installed visual studio 2005 (express edition), and right after thay i also regestared it as requied, but as my operating system is Vista, the 2005 express edition seemed to have compatibility issue, and updates offered compatibility updates followed by a 158MB of security update,and i happily took full advantage of those. I even worked with the program all day.

But the next day , i opened the program my registration to the product had misteriously disappeared! Now its showing me warning that i must register the product within 24 days!!! I tried to use my old registration key (given by MS, didnt get it off someone, I got it when i registered the first time), now its telling me, the registration key is invalid!!

could someone plz tell me whats going on? and what sould i do?

Tnx, in advance
    • Moved by Wesley Yao Monday, January 11, 2010 6:01 AM registering question (From:Visual C++ Express Edition)
    Friday, January 8, 2010 5:11 AM

Answers

• Hi Mahmood Rossi,

Thank you for your post.

To apply Visual Studio 2005 on Vista, please check the following points step by step:

- Download Visual Studio 2005 SP1 and install it
      Visual Studio® 2005 Express Editions Service Pack 1
    - Download Visual Studio 2005 Service Pack 1 Update for Windows Vista and install it
    - When launch Visual Studio 2005, please run it with administrator privileges
      (Right-click the icon >> "Run as Administrator")

Then try registration again.

If any problem during the registration, Could you please try the following tricks:

- Try another default browser - like Firefox
    - Make sure your internet proxy settings are configured correctly
    - Try disabling any antivirus/internet security software while you try to register.
    - Try resetting all the IE security settings to default (even if it's not your default browser).
    - Make sure you are signed in with the correct email account that you have a Live ID with. If you're signed in with a different account, then it won't work.

Have a look at the Registration FAQ as it may help.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Friday, January 15, 2010 3:06 AM
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:25 AM