none
VS2013 Extensions, VSIX project does not show Item Templates

Question

• I downloaded and installed SDK, after that I'm able to see project templates and I created first VSIX Project. But when I right click the project to add Item Templates like "Custom Command" or "Custom Tool Window" there is even no Extensions node available in "Add New Item" window. for reference see image below. I even try searching templates but no luck. (Working with VS2013 Ultimate C# project)

Add New Item Window

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 5:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Irfan Ranjha,

I create an add-in project, and then right click the project to add a new item, it seems that I got the same results as yours.

Just to make this issue clearly, which item template do you want to get? Did you get it in other old VS version before? It seems that I got the same results in my side using the VS2013 ultimate with update 5. So maybe it is by design, I mean that it doesn't have certain item templates you want to get.

If I have misunderstood this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, April 28, 2016 4:08 AM