Trying to go back to Windows 7 please help!

Question

• I'm trying to do a clean install of windows 7 and I can't get it to work.  I put in my Windows 7 install disc and restart my computer, but windows 8 just boots up without any notice to boot from disc.  I went into my BIOS and boot from disc was first priority with HDD being second.  I completely disabled using HDD to boot so that disc is only thing to load from.  I put in the disc and restart the computer.  It then prompts me to insert media and press any key.  I do so and the message just comes up again a few seconds later.  I can't get the disc to load. 
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:38 PM

Answers

• I ended up looking up how I do a factory reset.  It sucks, but my computer was only like 2 weeks old.  Didn't have enough time to really lose anything important.  Even then, I would've just backed it up.  Needless to say I'm going to reinstall Windows 8 DP much more intelligently.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:24 AM

All replies

• #1, is your windows 7 disk corrupt?

#2, have you tried ACTUALLY REMOVING the HD to see if it will boot from the disk then

#3, is your disk reader working (to test this, go into windows 8 and see if you can *explore* the install disk

#4, make a windows 7 recovery USB drive, might work a little better

#5, reexamine your bios to make sure you didn't miss anything as far as booting from the disk is concerned

Hope at least one of these helps you out and good luck getting windows 7 back :-)

• Proposed as answer by Dyskmasterj Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:44 PM
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:43 PM
  • The disk loads normally when Windows 8 is up.  I even was able to install windows 7 (for some naive reason thinking this would help).  I haven't tried removing HDD.  I'll look into making a recovery USB.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:45 PM
  • I ended up looking up how I do a factory reset.  It sucks, but my computer was only like 2 weeks old.  Didn't have enough time to really lose anything important.  Even then, I would've just backed it up.  Needless to say I'm going to reinstall Windows 8 DP much more intelligently.

Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:24 AM