full screen HTML5 landscape video in WP 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

have you used video HTML5 tag in WinJS 2.1 application on WP 8.1?

Playing video works but full screen mode doesn't set orientation to landscape (nor by tapping buton in media control nor by calling msRequestFullscreen() function). In WP 8.1 WinRT XAML MediaElement setting full screen changes video orientation. I have read article that HTML video element also had this functionality in WP 8, but in WP 8.1 video inline was introduced.

I have tested YouTube page in WP 8.1 and full screen mode also doesn't change screen orientation to landscape. I have tested on emulator and on real phone.

Is there any way to force landcape orientation for full screen HTML5 video in WP 8.1?

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:05 AM

All replies

• I tried this out but I am able to view a video in full screen landscape when I rotate the device to landscape orientation.

Are you saying the video does not play full screen landscape even if you rotate the device to a landscape orientation?

What devices have you tested on?

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 5:49 PM