ajax script manager RRS feed

• Question

• User-123511764 posted

i have a script manager at my master page, but i have 1 page require a scriptmanager because of cant page 2 scriptmanager hwo should i do? if i open a new webform without attach master page the function can work well? 

<asp:ToolkitScriptManager ID="ToolkitScriptManager1" runat="server" EnableHistory="true" EnableSecureHistoryState="false" ScriptMode="Release">
        </asp:ToolkitScriptManager>

Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:46 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

I believe as long as you have your reference within your Master Page to the ToolkitScriptManager as you have shown, that should be all that you need (assuming that all of the areas that would need the ScriptManager are child pages from the Master Page). 

If you have issues with conflicts (with the ScriptManager and ToolkitScriptManager) you might want to consider using a seperate Master Page, or not requiring a Master Page at all and simply reference the appropriate required Manager. Does your code work for your elements that just require the ScriptManager if you have the ToolkitScriptManager there? If so that sounds like it would be the best way to go.

I know that there is a method of using a ScriptManagerProxy which can be used to help define your explicit scripts on a page-by-page basis within your Master Page, but I'm not sure if that would help you in this regard.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

I believe as long as you have your reference within your Master Page to the ToolkitScriptManager as you have shown, that should be all that you need (assuming that all of the areas that would need the ScriptManager are child pages from the Master Page). 

If you have issues with conflicts (with the ScriptManager and ToolkitScriptManager) you might want to consider using a seperate Master Page, or not requiring a Master Page at all and simply reference the appropriate required Manager. Does your code work for your elements that just require the ScriptManager if you have the ToolkitScriptManager there? If so that sounds like it would be the best way to go.

I know that there is a method of using a ScriptManagerProxy which can be used to help define your explicit scripts on a page-by-page basis within your Master Page, but I'm not sure if that would help you in this regard.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:14 AM
  • User-123511764 posted

Rion William
    ok thx~ i go trying and see

Saturday, November 16, 2013 9:49 AM
  • User-123511764 posted

Rion William...
    the page i going to do if ajax zoom~ yes it work with scriptmanager/toolkitscriptmanager either one it also work, but the zoom no have any code and server side, i only place a js file it able to zoom. with the problem mention above how should i do. if using .asmx file how should i call the script?

Saturday, November 16, 2013 10:42 AM