none
Running an Excel Macro on Sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

First time on the msdn forums, and first time trying to use Sharepoint, so barewith me...

I have an Excel spreadsheet with a macro that produces several new spreadsheets with data from the original sheet. I would like to put this "application" on a Sharepoint, so that several people may be able to access it.

I am wondering if it is possible to run Excel macros directly from a Sharepoint, and then whether that macro can create new books directly on the Sharepoint, or if certain securities have to be set, or if it is altogether impossible?

Also, could you point me to some links where I may learn more about Sharepoint Excel Services? Ultimately, I would like to do the following: Have users be able to access a page that contains data from the aforementioned spreadsheet, and then allow them to manipulate the way that data is presented to their liking. The app creates score cards containing statistics. A user may want to see how one specific statistic has evolved over the past 12 months, or perhaps how it compares to the same statistic on other score cards, for example. They should be able to do both of those things and have graphs and other comparison visuals created on the fly and displayed.

Thank you for your time!

Thursday, August 23, 2007 8:40 AM

Answers

All replies