none
Portfolio Analysis 'New Start' Date RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to understand why the 'New Start' Portfolio Analysis is greyed out in the Resource Analysis screen.

I initially thought there aren't any resource demand hence it is greyed out, but when I look at the 'Has resource requirements', it says 'Yes'.

Basically I wanted to know what would cause the 'New Start' date to be greyed out in Resource Analysis. :-)

Thanks in advance! :-)

SJ

Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hello all,

I am trying to understand why the 'New Start' Portfolio Analysis is greyed out in the Resource Analysis screen.

I initially thought there aren't any resource demand hence it is greyed out, but when I look at the 'Has resource requirements', it says 'Yes'.

Basically I wanted to know what would cause the 'New Start' date to be greyed out in Resource Analysis. :-)

Thanks in advance! :-)

SJ

I'm running into the same problem, I've used it before on different projects, and it seemed to work fine, but created new projects for a demo, and now they are all greyed out, what's changed, or what do I need to look for? Can anyone help us?

Thanks, Ray 

Monday, November 20, 2017 8:41 PM
  • Hi,

I was running into the same problem, so I was playing around and my window didn't start until Jan 2018, so I changed the window to start in Nov 2017 and I could modify the new start date, hope this will work for you.

Cheers, Ray

Monday, November 20, 2017 9:51 PM
  • Thank you Ray!

I tried different planning windows and it still doesn't work for me.

I think there maybe a problem here. Wish Portfolio Analysis gets looked at my the product team. This functionality seems to be in high demand. Wish we didn't utilise schedule for resource demand especially at 'Proposal' stage.

Best regards,

SJ

Thursday, December 7, 2017 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

Has there been an update regarding this?
    I am now starting to use the portfolio Analysis part and I am running into the same issue; unable to change the "new start date" field.

Best regards,

Roel

Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:53 AM