UpdatePanel issue 'Conditional compilation is turned Off' RRS feed

• Question

• User197122282 posted

I have a webform used to save data. The form controls are within an UpdatePanel including the Save button. When I click the 'Save' button, I receive a JavaScript message "Conditional compilation is turned off". If I remove the update panel, all works fine. I have no clue as to what is the issue here. Identical code works fine on other pages with the UpdatePanel. Any help is appreciated.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 4:13 AM

Answers

• User-933407369 posted

hi kashifdotnet ,

From what I understand your issue is “UpdatePanel issue 'Conditional compilation is turned off'”.

When working with Conditional Compilation, it's best to first activate it via the @cc_on statement, as only then can you also include comment tags in your script in a way that ensures browser compatibility.

You need to check your code and make sure correct, avoiding to enter double quotes, double colon, double comma etc.

If you need more assistance, please let me know.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:16 AM

All replies

• User-227760790 posted

hi kashifdotnet ,

Can you post the HTML markup of the UpdatePanel ? Also, are you binding these controls in code or in the markup?

in order to help us to understand your issue better.

Friday, September 13, 2013 3:20 AM
  • User555306248 posted

Refer this similar threads -

http://forums.asp.net/t/1563818.aspx

http://forums.asp.net/t/1725696.aspx

Monday, September 16, 2013 11:42 PM
  • User-933407369 posted

hi kashifdotnet ,

From what I understand your issue is “UpdatePanel issue 'Conditional compilation is turned off'”.

When working with Conditional Compilation, it's best to first activate it via the @cc_on statement, as only then can you also include comment tags in your script in a way that ensures browser compatibility.

You need to check your code and make sure correct, avoiding to enter double quotes, double colon, double comma etc.

If you need more assistance, please let me know.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:16 AM