none
Multiple On-Ramps in an Itinerary

Answers

• Please see the answer to this question posted on Medium at http://goo.gl/OX5oLg If you have further questions, feel free to comment there.
    • Marked as answer by Magesh4848 Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:27 AM
    Monday, April 24, 2017 7:32 PM
  • Well, that is because you can receive a particular message over a single channel/ReceivePort. This is the same concept in BizTalk or any other integration platform in general.

Why do you think you need multiple On-Ramps in an Itinerary?

Thanks Arindam

Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:07 AM

All replies

• What exactly are you trying to do? You can probably do it easier without ESBT.

If you describe your situation, we can give you the best advice.

Monday, April 10, 2017 3:36 PM
  • The probable reason would be to bind the business flow tightly to one particualar receive location with one particular protocol.

But why do you require itinerary? Whatever logic you require is very easy to implement using orchestration.

Thanks

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:40 AM
  • Well, you can chain itineraries, meaning the Off-Ramp of Itinerary1 leads to the On-Ramp of Itinerary2 and so on.

The other thing is - you can also conditionally select an Itinerary. So, based on the message content/context, you can choose what itinerary to apply on the message-

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee236712(v=bts.10).aspx

This should cover what you're looking for. 

Thanks Arindam

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 6:52 AM
  • Hi ,

It would be good to know your business case .

Might be there will be more elegant solution design ppls here can suggest :) . My suggestion would be not to complicate your design and move ahead with loosely coupled solution instead of chained or tightly bounded logics .

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 10:04 AM
  • Hi,

When I was developing the ESB Applications, I came to know that, we can have only one On-Ramp in an itinerary. I wanted to know why Microsoft designed it in this way? Was there a particular reason behind this?

Thanks & Regards

Magesh

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:50 AM
  • Well, that is because you can receive a particular message over a single channel/ReceivePort. This is the same concept in BizTalk or any other integration platform in general.

Why do you think you need multiple On-Ramps in an Itinerary?

Thanks Arindam

Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:07 AM
  • Please see the answer to this question posted on Medium at http://goo.gl/OX5oLg If you have further questions, feel free to comment there.
    Monday, April 24, 2017 7:32 PM