Metro App Weather can't refresh internet connection

Question

• In the Metro App "Weather", once your get disconnected from network and got this message : "We're unable to gather anyweather info. Please check your network connection." It seems impossible to "refresh" the App, even if your connection is back.

Metro_Weater_App
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:04 PM

Answers

• I sometimes get this issue - usually closing the app and re-launching it fixes the problem. Still it doesn't update anyhow so it needs to be launched, closed and then re-launched every time you want to use it. Add in the fact that there isn't a way to close a Metro app without launching TM = not worth the hassle.

This is the only Metro app that I 'would' use currently.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:25 PM
  • The fix is to fire up Task Manager and kill the weather app.  Remember there is no "close" anymore.  A reboot also works but is obviously more intrusive.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:09 AM

All replies

• I sometimes get this issue - usually closing the app and re-launching it fixes the problem. Still it doesn't update anyhow so it needs to be launched, closed and then re-launched every time you want to use it. Add in the fact that there isn't a way to close a Metro app without launching TM = not worth the hassle.

This is the only Metro app that I 'would' use currently.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:25 PM
  • The fix is to fire up Task Manager and kill the weather app.  Remember there is no "close" anymore.  A reboot also works but is obviously more intrusive.
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:09 AM