none
How to make foreach activity to iterate parellely?

Question

• I have a master pipeline in which a foreach activity calls a childpipeline which should perform 21 copy activities parallel.

I unchecked the sequential check box in foreach activity and made the batch count as 21.

Still I could see the child pipelines are being executed one after one instead of getting triggered all at a time.

All the childpipelines are having different Run Start times. I want all my childpipelines to have same Run Start time.

can someone help me with this?
    • Edited by Priya1834 Friday, November 2, 2018 1:20 PM
    Friday, November 2, 2018 11:29 AM

All replies

• The usual route we would recommend that you utilize multiple parallel activities via the attribute  parallel copies, instead of multiple pipelines. Is there a reason that doesn't work for you? 
    Friday, November 2, 2018 4:30 PM
  • Thanks for the reply for this is not what we are looking for exactly.

The Scenario is:

I have a masterpipeline which has a forloop activity inside it.Inside the forloop activity i am calling my child pipeline.

My childpipeline will perform a copyactivity from source to target.

The forloop iterates for 21 times. In my current scenario even though i disabled the sequential run the iterations are running sequentially.

But my requirement is all the 21 copy activities inside the forloop should start at a time.

If I am adding 21 executepipeline activities in the master pipeline it will meet my scenario. But in future if i need to iterate n number of times i need to keep on adding executepipeline activities which i dont want to do.

Please help me on this.

Thursday, November 15, 2018 2:24 PM