Windows Authentication Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having problems with Windows Authentication in RS 2000.  This is on a brand new server.  Here is the setup I've done.

-Install Win2003 SP1 (install all updates to be current)
    -Install IIS (with ASP.NET and FrontPage extensions)
    -Install VS.NET 2003
    -Install SQL 2000 (with SP4)
    -Install Reporting Services 2000 (with SP2)

Besides that all is defaults (no annoyomous access and windows authentication on RS sites).  However, when I try to access the report server (http://localhost/reports) I am asked for my login credentials (I'm logged in as Domain Admin which is also local admin).  I'm using IE6 which has "Enable Windows Authentication" properly set.

I have no idea why I'm getting prompted for login info, any ideas?  My domain controller is running Win2000.  I'm just at a loss why this isn't working seemlessly!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:17 PM

Answers

• Just an update on the fix for this in case others hit this problem.

For some reason (I don't know why), computers on the same intranet were seeing the server as being on the internet (little icon in bottom right of browser showed internet).  Well, IE will only send logon credentials to local intranet sites.  I just had to go and add that server to the Local Intranet Sites list under Tools -> Internet Options in the browser and all worked.

Monday, May 22, 2006 6:59 PM