Error on References page of project's properties RRS feed

• Question

• The following error message sits on the References page of my project's properties:

(using VS 2005 Professional SP1)

An error occurred trying to load the page.
    Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'EnvDTE.ProjectItemsEvents'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{22800963-2811-410D-BF87-A7808EAC977D}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

The key number refers to something named ProjectItemsEvents Interface, but I have no idea why.  The project builds successfully, and am having strange results installing it in conjunction with ReportViewer SP1.

Any shed you could light would be appreciated.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 6:45 PM

Answers

• You're probably going to have to reinstall.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:02 PM

All replies

• EnvDTE is the interface to the Visual Studio IDE. If it is throwing COM exceptions, that would indicate that there is a serious problem. I would recommend repairing your Visual Studio installation.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:48 PM
  • You are right: it is the IDE.  ALL projects show this error in project properties.  I repaired my Visual Studio installation, but it persists.  Can I re-register one or more registry keys?  Or, re-install?
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 6:48 PM
  • You're probably going to have to reinstall.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 7:02 PM
  • I reinstalled VS and everything is again copacetic!  Thanks for your help.
    Friday, April 13, 2007 1:39 PM
  • Glad its fixed. Don't forget to mark helpful posts as answers, even if they are your own.
    Friday, April 13, 2007 3:31 PM