regarding CreateUserWizard RRS feed

• Question

• User-1166428634 posted

Hi All,

I am using MySql for my web application. I fetched the data, searched it. But when i'm creating  a new user by using CreateUserWizard it shows me below error message regarding SQL Server. And I am not using SQL Server.

Error : 

Server Error in '/' Application.

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)

It is working fine on my local machine...

Monday, April 16, 2012 6:46 AM

Answers

• User1013750657 posted

exacly , so you do have the membership configured on your local machine. For sure you are using MSSQL and SQLExpress.

since you dont have SQLExpress installed on your server , when you deploy it crashes.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 9:22 AM

All replies

• User1320101480 posted

By default the role provider uses SQLExpress DataSource, you need to point it to your MySQL Datasource now in your web.config.

Monday, April 16, 2012 6:58 AM
  • User-1166428634 posted

Yes!!! i made all required changes there. And it is working fine on my local machine.. This error message is displaying over the server (globally).

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:01 AM
  • User1320101480 posted

Ok you mean createuserwizard was working fine on your local machine?

If yes, did you check the Data Source property of your connectionstring twice?

Are you able to access DB from the application on the server?

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:10 AM
  • User1013750657 posted

hi

For what i have read , the Login Controls only work with SQLserver/Express, witch is the membership provider microsoft makes available.

To make it work with other data source you need to create a """custom membership provider""". ( witch is a pain in the....) i tryed with access and gave up, it was simpler to create a login system with my access DB.

it probably is working on your computer becouse you might have the menbership configured there along with the default microsoft sqlexpress DB, but as soon as you deploy the site to your application server ....it dies :).

just guessing :)

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:36 AM
  • User-1166428634 posted

No I can create a user on my local machine... but when i publish it it is not working....

Monday, April 16, 2012 9:09 AM
  • User1013750657 posted

exacly , so you do have the membership configured on your local machine. For sure you are using MSSQL and SQLExpress.

since you dont have SQLExpress installed on your server , when you deploy it crashes.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2012 9:22 AM
  • User-1166428634 posted

Yes!!! i commented <membership> in web.config file... and it is working fine now....  now my all records saved successfully in MySQL table.

thanks...

ruipedromachado

Monday, April 16, 2012 9:32 AM