sharing code between other systems... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Context: we have a team of 10 members who use the same mail box (Generic mail box) sitting on different systems.  I wrote VBA code to monitor all the incoming and outgoing mails in my system putting a local access database (eg: d:\MailMonitor\MMonitor.mbd) 

Issue: I want to put the same code to the team that is working with Generic Mial box to monitor all the mails from all the 10 users:  should I have to go to each system and type in code seperately or do we have any other method so that the same code will work in all the systems.

Please help.

With regards
    Repath Athyala.

Love the Love that Loves the Love and Hate the Love that Loves the Hate.

Friday, February 8, 2013 9:44 AM

Answers

• There is no supported mechanism for distributing Outlook VBA macros. You should develop your solution as a COM Add-in and deploy it with Windows Installer or other types of setup packages.

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

• Marked as answer by Repath Athyala Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:51 PM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 5:07 PM

All replies

• There is no supported mechanism for distributing Outlook VBA macros. You should develop your solution as a COM Add-in and deploy it with Windows Installer or other types of setup packages.

About me...

• Marked as answer by Repath Athyala Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:51 PM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 5:07 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Can you please help me as to how I can create COM addins and depoy over.
    any sites that you can suggest, will be of more help...

Another issue:
    I tried importing .frm and .bas files into client computer, after some time, outlook stopped responding to any of the events.  May I know the reason Why?, I tried to delete the existing profile and created a new one, but still it does the same.  I deleted the entrie code and wrote a simple msgbox() for ItemSend event at application level, even now outlook doesnot respond to this simple and single function. ,can you please help me, it would be of great help.

With thanks for your previous reply and regards
    Repath Athyala.

Love the Love that Loves the Love and Hate the Love that Loves the Hate.

Saturday, February 9, 2013 6:51 PM
  • I can't really show you how to create COM Add-ins in general myself in a forum - that'll take some research on your part. I suggest starting here:

Developing COM Add-ins for Microsoft Outlook
    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=36

If your imported code isn't running, it's either because you haven't initialized your events manually (if they are wired to load when Outlook does) or you need to compile your VBA project.

As for the other code issues you are having, please show your code.

About me...

Sunday, February 10, 2013 7:01 AM