Using the DSS New Service Visual Studio Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hi eveyone,

I want to open a new project form like this:

"Visual C#" -> "Microsoft Robotics", select the "DSS Service (2.0)" project

I have microsoft visual studio 2010 and microsoft Robotics installed.

but I dont have the above choice,i dont have a part with" microsoft robotic ".I dont have the template for Microsoft robotic and DSS service...

what should I do?how can I add this template under "visual c#"?

Or further more if I have this project how can I add partners to this project?

Thank you,

Narges

Friday, May 21, 2010 6:45 PM

Answers

• If you do not have RDS 2008 R3 then there is no VS2010 template. I suggest that you install RDS 2008 R3.

If you do have RDS 2008 R3, then is it possible that you installed it *before* you installed VS2010? This will not work because RDS needs to find Visual Studio when it installs. In this case, just install RDS 2008 R3 again.

Trevor

• Marked as answer by balouchestani Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:26 PM
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:45 AM

All replies

• If you do not have RDS 2008 R3 then there is no VS2010 template. I suggest that you install RDS 2008 R3.

If you do have RDS 2008 R3, then is it possible that you installed it *before* you installed VS2010? This will not work because RDS needs to find Visual Studio when it installs. In this case, just install RDS 2008 R3 again.

Trevor

• Marked as answer by balouchestani Tuesday, May 25, 2010 4:26 PM
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:45 AM
  • I'm using Visual Studio 2010, installed before installing RDS 2008 R3. I also don't have the "Robotics" category in the installed C# template (in both .NET Framework 3.5 and 4). Doing "Repair" in RDS 2008 R3 setup cannot solve. Checking "Modify" in setup, the Visual Studio template package was selected. 

Do you know how to manually add these template, and could you send me the files for manually install the template? Thank you.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:25 PM
  • The Visual Studio templates for RDS 2008 R3 are available for download from our CodePlex site:
    http://mrdssamples.codeplex.com/

You need to place them in the correct folder. This is something like:

C:\Users\xxxx\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates

If you had the Beta version of Visual Studio 2010 installed and upgraded to the final version, the template folder name changed. This can cause the files to be placed in the wrong folder which is the only reason I am aware of for why they do not appear to have installed.

Trevor

Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:03 AM
  • Follow your suggestion, I checked and there is only the template files for Visual Studio 2005 exists. 

c:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual Basic\Microsoft Robotics\DssNewServiceVs2005 (2.2).zip
    c:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\Microsoft Robotics\DssNewServiceVs2005 (2.2).zip

So the template was installed in VS 2005 version.

For VS 2010, the folder is here but empty.

c:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\My Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Templates\ProjectTemplates\Visual C#\  (empty)

I don't remember if I installed the Beta version of 2010, I think yes. I can't find any other folder location related to the old VS beta 2010 inside My Documents. However suddenly I found all the folders and files structure inside the MRDS 2008 R3 root folder (see picture below). I think this is a bug of the installer. What I need to do now is just copy / move this folder into c:\ and now everything works.

• Edited by phanthaitrung Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:16 PM
    • Proposed as answer by phanthaitrung Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:18 PM
    Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:13 PM