MDI Form in LightSwitch RRS feed

• Question

• How can I create MDI form and child inside with lightswith?
    Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi Roy

SDI instead of MDI in LightSwitch HTML Client

The LightSwitch HTML Client uses SDI (Single Document Interface) rather than MDI (Multiple Document Interface). Essentially you  have a single data workspace in the LightSwitch HTML Client application, instead of multiple data workspaces that you have with the LightSwitch Silverlight Client. This provides the LightSwitch HTML Client an advantage in that you can now easily create workflows that separate a task among multiple screens or tabs

Unlike traditional forms over data applications, modern mobile applications are very task-focused, and it is rare to see any such application with multiple independent tasks running at the same time. From a practical perspective, this means there is exactly one data workspace for the entire application,

Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:24 AM

All replies

• This forum is about the program language Visual Basic which is used in Visual Studio.

LightSwitch is a way of making presentations. 

I doubt that you can make a MDI form with that, but my doubt is not important. 

Visit a forum for Lightswitch

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/ff796201.aspx

I know that is not easy currently, because of the new deprovement of the forum software

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=lightswitch

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 4:10 PM
  • Hi Roy

SDI instead of MDI in LightSwitch HTML Client

The LightSwitch HTML Client uses SDI (Single Document Interface) rather than MDI (Multiple Document Interface). Essentially you  have a single data workspace in the LightSwitch HTML Client application, instead of multiple data workspaces that you have with the LightSwitch Silverlight Client. This provides the LightSwitch HTML Client an advantage in that you can now easily create workflows that separate a task among multiple screens or tabs

Unlike traditional forms over data applications, modern mobile applications are very task-focused, and it is rare to see any such application with multiple independent tasks running at the same time. From a practical perspective, this means there is exactly one data workspace for the entire application,

Regards

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:24 AM