none
DB2 dynamic send port RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to send a message to a DB2 server using a dynamic solicit/response port on a BTS 2009 Enterprise Edition system.  I found this post:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/biztalkgeneral/thread/e7e8e08f-71a1-4371-b7dc-7658a173147d

which indicates that to set the necessary context properties, I should add a reference to the assembly containing the DB2 adapter property schema.  I've added a reference to Microsoft.HostIntegration.Adapters.MsDb2.PropertySchemas and this seems to give me what I need at design time to set the context properties.  However when I try to build my project, I get a number of errors indicating that the DB2 property schema reference can't be found, including:

identifier 'ConnectionString' does not exist in 'MyProject.Namespace.DB2' 
    cannot find symbol 'DB2.ConnectionString'

I get a smilar set of errors for the other two DB2 context properties I'm trying to set.

Any ideas on what I'm missing to make this work?

Thanks,

Chris 

Friday, May 14, 2010 5:01 PM

Answers

• Nevermind, problem was between the keyboard and the chair.  Since the project I'm working on is a proof of concept for connecting to DB2, I had included DB2 in my project's namespace, which caused problems resolving the property schema.  Once I changed my project's namespace, everything came together.

Chris

• Marked as answer by Chris.House Friday, May 14, 2010 5:25 PM
    Friday, May 14, 2010 5:25 PM