none
Personal Tasks with Yammer Integration for On-Premises SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Where do the Tasks under Newsfeed go if we implement the Yammer integration with SharePoint 2013 on-premises?

There is no specific answer on this issue in any documentation we can find. Here is what we need to know as we propose the migration to Yammer. 

In my Office365, I have the Yammer and Sites links in the top-right corner. If I click on Sites, this results in two links showing up on the left side: Followed Sites and Newsfeed. Clicking on Newsfeed here, takes one to the same tools that we have now in SharePoint 2013 on-premises: About Me, Blog, Apps, and Tasks. Right now, on our on-premises SharePoint 2013, clicking on Sites only results in the Followed Sites list.

If we implement Yammer on-premises, would the Newsfeed group of personal resources and sites move to a link named Newsfeed reachable from the Sites top-right link, similar to O365? The top navigation bar is hard to edit, in general, and we’d rather leave it as Microsoft intends it to be.

The 'official' wording from experts is that Yammer will implement all the on-premises functions of the Newsfeed. However, I don't see Tasks anywhere in my O365 Yammer feed. 

Thanks. 

Radu P.

Thursday, August 14, 2014 6:01 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you wanted to implement the Yammer integration with SharePoint 2013 on-premises.

Per my knowledge, you can use a toggle switch to replace the Newsfeed link with a Yammer link on the top navigation bar for SharePoint. This functionality is included in Service Pack 1 (SP1) for SharePoint Server.

For more information, see

Add Yammer to the navigation bar for SharePoint 2013

Integrate Yammer with on-premises SharePoint 2013 environments

Thanks,

Linda Li                

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 15, 2014 8:25 AM
  • Hi Linda Li,

Thanks for the feedback. I enabled Yammer in our dev environment and the Newsfeed link showed up under my picture after clicking on Sites (top-right). This is what I was asking: where do those sub-sites linked from Newsfeed go after Yammer integration? The answer is: they are linked under Sites, where before clicking on Sites showed only the Followed Sites heading, now the Newsfeed shows right above that - this is similar to O365 behavior.

This being said, I was happy too early. Clicking on the new Newsfeed under my picture, now with this moved due to the Yammer integration, takes me to our portal home page. Not good.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Radu

Radu P.

Friday, August 15, 2014 3:10 PM
  • Anyone at all? This looks like a bug, isn't it?

Radu P.

• Edited by R_Popescu Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:04 PM more specifics
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 2:54 PM