Visual studio 2010 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.I tried to install visual studio 2010 SP1 with updates, but after installation I get the error 13ec.
    I tried doing a search on the error, but I have not found anything.
    In response to a similar question, someone suggested to install office developer tools, but this software is already installed on my notebook.

Then I downloaded the iso visual studio 2010 sp1 and after starting the setup, I get the following error message:

"Installation Requirements:

Unable to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1 as unsupported by the state of the computer. For instructions on how to solve the problem, see the readme file on the Microsoft Download Center Web site. "
    Unfortunately the readme file reference does not help me, not showing me any kind of solution. not showing me any kind of solution.
    The operating system is Vista Home Premium sp2, my notebook is a acer aspire 2920, while the development tool is Visual Studio 2010 Express
    Can anyone tell me some advice on what to do to solve the problem?

Thank you!

Saturday, February 4, 2012 12:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Systemx, I found the solution.
    I uninstalled everything, so I cleaned the registry and then reinstalled visual studio and sp1.
    Anyway, thanks for the reply.
    Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Fabio Valerio Monday, February 6, 2012 12:26 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 12:25 AM

All replies

• which version of Visual Studio 2010 Installed in your PC ?

if you installed beta version of VS 2010 then uninstall beta version and reinstall vs 2010

Regards

Ishan

Saturday, February 4, 2012 5:53 PM
  • First of all thank you for your reply.
    I have not installed the beta version, but the latest version of Express, currently distributed by Microsoft.
    However, looking at the registry, I found numerous errors.
    Maybe the problem depends on these failures.
    Thank you again.
    Best regards
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Hi Fabio, it would be helpful if you could post the error logs for readers to analyze them.

You can do that by following the steps below:

1. Download the Collect Log tool at http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=12493

2. Clear your temporary folder with the steps below:

- Start > Run > Type %temp% > Delete all the files (there may be some files that cannot be removed; that's ok)

3. Run the VS 2010 SP1 installer again.

4. After the installer hits an error, run Collect.exe that you downloaded from Step 1.

5. Go back to the %temp% folder like how you did from Step 2, and upload the vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive (make sure you change the file viewing permissions to public)

6. Post the public link back here.

Thanks!

Sunday, February 5, 2012 5:43 AM
  • Hi Systemx, I found the solution.
    I uninstalled everything, so I cleaned the registry and then reinstalled visual studio and sp1.
    Anyway, thanks for the reply.
    Best Regards

• Marked as answer by Fabio Valerio Monday, February 6, 2012 12:26 AM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 12:25 AM