How to bring back windows 7 bootloader?

Question

• hi 

i was using windows 8 as dual boot and it was all running fine. I did smt in my win7 installation and now i cant access the startoption like driver unsigned driver and automatic restart . how can i do that. I tried fixboot command in recovery cd of win 7 but it didnt work 

The problem with the win7 is that it restarts after starting windows screen. 

Any Idea

THanks

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:23 AM

Answers

• If you change the default OS to Windows 7, it goes back to the Windows 7 bootloader (click the "Advanced options" in the Win 8 bootloader, then switch it there).
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:25 AM

All replies

• If you change the default OS to Windows 7, it goes back to the Windows 7 bootloader (click the "Advanced options" in the Win 8 bootloader, then switch it there).
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:25 AM
  • Use some BCD editor can do it. I agree with JHoff80, his solution is recommended and safe, but if you want to use theWin 7 Boot Manager replace the Win 8.  You could use the tool like EasyBCD to create a empty boot manager, and add the Win 8 and Win 7. But it is dangerous, please do it carefully.
    Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:23 AM
  • Thanks a lot 
    Wednesday, October 05, 2011 10:08 PM