Lists, Adaptive Rendering and MultiViews RRS feed

• Question

• User-153924892 posted
    The .NET Framework 1.1 offers with Mobile Controls a very easy way to generate lists for different devices with the ObjectList Control and the List Control. I tried to display lists on mobile devices with ASP.NET 2.0 and nearly nothing works. It is possible to bind data to a DataList Control. Paging this list with a ContentPager Control and switching to another View in an MultiView also works ... but only with LinkButton Controls. And the LinkButton Controls in the DataList are renderd as Buttons on XHTML devices like Openwaves Simulator. But Internet Explorer displays them as Hyperlinks. How to display lists with links on mobile devices in Multiviews? GridView Controls render adaptive on mobile devices. But I can't find out how to switch between Summary Views and Details Views and how to pass event arguments. Microsoft doesn't offer any samples. Thomas
    Sunday, February 20, 2005 5:43 AM

All replies

• User-153924892 posted
    I found out: GridView Controls together with DataSource Controls work well. If I bind data to GridViews without DataSource Controls I apparently have to handle PageIndexChanging events. The GridView doesn't page then. GridViews render adaptive on mobile devices. They switch automatically between Summary View and Details View. Thomas
    Friday, February 25, 2005 4:11 AM