Access Denied for File Share configuration RRS feed

• Question

• I've created the Storage Account samvirk and would like to create a file share in the account. Clicking on 'File' under 'File Service' gives me 'Access Denied'. 

I’m an owner for the subscription. I’ve previously created Storage Accounts and can verify that on those previous storage accounts I’m able to access the File Services. I’ve attempted creating a second new Storage Account and have the same “Access Denied” message. I’m able to access other services on the same Storage Account such as Blobs.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hello newtoazuree,

Could you confirm that, are you are getting the below error while clicking on add button of file share under files in Azure storage account?

If so, could you check once in the options on the left side of storage account in firewall and virtual networks. See whether you have selected all networks or selected networks and try to select all networks option as shown below. See if this helps you to add file share under files. Try this and let us know, if you need any further assistance.

• Edited by YASWANTH MADI Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:29 AM Added content
    • Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by newtoazuree Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:40 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hello newtoazuree,

Could you confirm that, are you are getting the below error while clicking on add button of file share under files in Azure storage account?

If so, could you check once in the options on the left side of storage account in firewall and virtual networks. See whether you have selected all networks or selected networks and try to select all networks option as shown below. See if this helps you to add file share under files. Try this and let us know, if you need any further assistance.

• Edited by YASWANTH MADI Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:29 AM Added content
    • Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by newtoazuree Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:40 PM
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:26 AM
  • Yaswanthm...that did it...thank you for your assistance...Cheers!
    Wednesday, December 12, 2018 7:45 PM