none
DataSet Designer and: Null values returned from strongly typed datasets? RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo,

unfortunately, I do not have a VS2010 CTP so I have to ask this question which is very important for me:

Will VS 2010 create and return nullable types (e.g. int?) for columns specified to be nullable in database
    (and also specified as nullable in the properties of the DataTable's column)?

This topic is extensively described/discussed in here:
    http://www.evolvedisv.com/2008/03/18/allow-null-values-to-be-returned-from-strongly-typed-datasets/

Currently I have a workaround that costs me about 5 Minutes each time I have to
    touch a DataSet in one of my projects. It is an application that analyzes the xsd file
    of the dataset and replaces portions in the designer.cs-file to make it work as expected.

If VS 2010 can still not deal with nullable values (except for strings), I see no need to
    upgrade, but I will have to investigate in increasing the performance of that workaround.

Best regards
    • Moved by Brittany Behrens Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:39 AM (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Friday, January 22, 2010 8:39 AM

Answers