A CreateSession Exception RRS feed

• Question

• I have two parts related to this problem.

I constructed a CSF service which handles createManifest, createSession and terminateSession operations, and a CSF client which talks to this server. The manifest is very simple with two participants - callService and callClient.

---------
    private CsfSession.SessionManifest createManifest(string clientUri)
            {
                CsfSession.SessionManifest manifest = new CsfSession.SessionManifest();
                manifest.Timeout = 30;
                manifest.Persist = CsfSession.SessionPersistTypes.OnChange;
                manifest.SessionName = "ConfSession";
                manifest.RouteAnyAction = true;

// Add the participants.
                manifest.Participants = new CsfSession.ParticipantManifest[2];
                manifest.Participants[0] = new CsfSession.ParticipantManifest();
                manifest.Participants[0].Role = CsfSession.ParticipantRoles.Service;
                manifest.Participants[0].ParticipantID = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();
                manifest.Participants[0].ParticipantName = "ConfCallClient";
                manifest.Participants[0].ParticipantUrl = clientUri;
                manifest.Participants[0].InChannelResponse = true;

manifest.Participants[1] = new CsfSession.ParticipantManifest();
                manifest.Participants[1].Role = CsfSession.ParticipantRoles.Service;
                manifest.Participants[1].ParticipantID = Guid.NewGuid().ToString();
                manifest.Participants[1].ParticipantName = "ConfCallService";
                manifest.Participants[1].ParticipantUrl = SERVICEURI;
                return manifest;
            }
    ------------------

When the client initializes the session by calling createSession, the service throws an exception on the line below in method createSession:

CsfSession.CreateSessionResponse response =
                    sender.SendSync<CsfSession.CreateSessionResponse>(message);

The exception is as follows, not really telling much.

Microsoft.ConnectedServices.Sdk.Messaging.SoapFaultException: An internal server error occured. Your call was not processed.

Then after this exception, my async web service invocation seems to work okay with sessionID is set to NULL. So what really happens here? Is my service using a new session for the invocation?

The second part of the problem is that I want to use CSF message virualizer and admin console to view/debug my sessions. Both asked me to register my server first. However, it prompted me for some policy file for a server, and I don't have one. I can't find anything in my local machine either. Is there a default policy file I could use? 

Thanks in advance,
    Ying

Thursday, April 5, 2007 4:21 PM

All replies

• OK. No reply yet. I found out that my service was not working. It seemed to work because I typed in the wrong session URL in initial code. Now I corrected and my service sendAsync is not working. That makes sense.

Below is some trace of the createSession operation.
    --------------------------
    <<inputMessage utc="4/9/2007 8:23:38 PM" messageId="urn:uuid:f839b7ba-79a3-4dbc-a092-f95882a296cd">
      <processingStep description="Entering SOAP filter Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Wse2PipelinePolicy+LegacyFilterWrapper" />
      <processingStep description="Exited SOAP filter Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Wse2PipelinePolicy+LegacyFilterWrapper" />
      <processingStep description="Entering SOAP filter Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Wse2PipelinePolicy+LegacyFilterWrapper" />
      <processingStep description="Exited SOAP filter Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.Wse2PipelinePolicy+LegacyFilterWrapper" />
    - <processingStep description="Processed message">
    - <env:Envelope xmlns:wsa="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing" xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
      <env:Header />
    - <env:Body>
    - <env:Fault>
    - <env:Code>
      <env:Value>envTongue Tiedender</env:Value>
    - <envTongue Tiedubcode>
      <env:Value xmlnsStick out tonguerefix7="http://Microsoft/ConnectedServices/2006/06/Session/">prefix7:20000</env:Value>
      </envTongue Tiedubcode>
      </env:Code>
    - <env:Reason>
      <env:Text xml:lang="en">An internal server error occurred. Your call was not processed. Contact the site administrator for details.</env:Text>
      </env:Reason>
      <env:Node>http://localhost/Session30/SessionManagerAdmin.ashx</env:Node>
      </env:Fault>
      </env:Body>
      </env:Envelope>
      </processingStep>
      </inputMessage>

---------------

What does prefix7:20000 mean? I am using CSFLite3.0. Originally, I suspected it was missing security, but that didn't fix the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ying

Monday, April 9, 2007 9:40 PM