none
One of 3 Servers in a session collection is receiving Fslogix Error Code 0x00000026 upon user login. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm prepping a new Session collection for deployment for a customer, however I've hit a snag when testing the FSLogix profiles. The Profile Container works flawlessly on 2 of the 3 servers, but just wont login on the other server.

Profile logs indicate .....

[13:58:49.176][tid:000008f8.00000ae0][ERROR:00000026]   OpenVirtualDisk error (Reached the end of the file.)
    [13:58:49.176][tid:000008f8.00000ae0][INFO]             Error. Cleaning up.
    [13:58:49.223][tid:000008f8.00000ae0][INFO]             Configuration Read (DWORD): SOFTWARE\FSLogix\Profiles\PreventLoginWithFailure.  Data: 1
    [13:58:49.223][tid:000008f8.00000ae0][INFO]             Replace shell rule added
    [13:58:49.223][tid:000008f8.00000ae0][ERROR:0000001f]   LoadProfile failed.  User: TEST-O16. SID: S-1-5-21-1813029092-748371496-97160790-8755. (A device attached to the system is not functioning.)

Anybody have any idea where I'd start with this?

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:05 PM

All replies

• OK I have reproduced this with a second test account, and got it to fail permanently on a different server. The Issue occurs if the User is still logged on one server and it is shutdown. The next Server that attempts to access the profile will never be able to access that profile disk again.

The Problem does not resolve itself after repeated reboots of all servers. Any Ideas?

EDIT:- If I rename the affected Profile Folder in the share, and let the broken server create a new profile, then log off and delete the new profile, rename the original profile back, it works as intended now. At least I have a solution, but I'd not like to have to do this for 30 or so accounts when in production.

• Edited by SBarrettDCN Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:22 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:44 PM
  • OK I have reproduced this with a second test account, and got it to fail permanently on a different server. The Issue occurs if the User is still logged on one server and it is shutdown. The next Server that attempts to access the profile will never be able to access that profile disk again.

The Problem does not resolve itself after repeated reboots of all servers. Any Ideas?

EDIT:- If I rename the affected Profile Folder in the share, and let the broken server create a new profile, then log off and delete the new profile, rename the original profile back, it works as intended now. At least I have a solution, but I'd not like to have to do this for 30 or so accounts when in production.

Can you share configuration info, and repro steps with me?  Are you using the CCD feature?
    Friday, December 6, 2019 6:28 PM

Are you using the CCD feature?  If so and the cached changed could not flush before you stopped the host then this is expected.  If you are not using the CCD feature then I would not expect this.
    Saturday, December 21, 2019 12:11 AM