ImplicitStyleManager CPU running at 50% RRS feed

• Question

• I just applied the March Toolkit Theming ImplicitStyleManager to my application and the CPU sits at 50% constantly.

The application uses the CTP Virtual Earth Control and I'm appling the theme (ExpressionDark) to the layout root container (Grid).

I suspected there maybe a issue with the trying to theme the VE control so I tried appling the theme to only the other child elements of the root (siblings to the map control) The CPU sits at 17% constantly. Remove the ImplicitStyleManager and it sits a 0%.

I spotted a post very similar to this that said it was fixed for the expander in the March release but didn't say how they fixed it. Any ideas?

Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:25 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

you might want to look into is not using ApplyMode.Auto but rather using ApplyMode.Once.
    As I explain in this forum post http://silverlight.net/themes/silverlight/forums/thread.aspx?ThreadID=57889 it has detrimental effect on performance and is not recommended for a lot of use cases.

If that doesn't work, Can you please share with us your app? Can you upload a sample project somewhere that we can run it?

Friday, May 8, 2009 4:23 PM
  • Perfect, you rock Justin!

Everything now works, as per your post after I dynamically loaded some other controls I do need to manually trigger this but the CPU is back to 0%.

Thanks again!

John.

Friday, May 8, 2009 8:41 PM