none
Outlook room booking - using Access RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone!

I’m currently working on a little project that’s supposed to make my life at work a bit easier.

The plan is to create a room booking-service that’s usable through MS Outlook 2013.

At work we have a lot of rooms that are beign used for teleconferences and the current room booking is a lot of work. I want to automate that process as good as possible without the use of a 3rd party tool.

I want to achieve that by connecting Outlook (which is installed on every PC in the company) to a MS Access database and maintain it from a central point (accept bookings, decline bookings, etc.)

My current plan is to create a public calendar in outlook that gets its informations from the database and syncs them accordingly, if someone in the company makes a change in Outlook (books a room, etc.).

Maintaining could probably be done by using a simple button interface that performs querys on the database.

The problem I’m facing at this point is the connection between outlook and the access database.

I literally searched the whole web but did not find a clear answer to answer my problem.

So I came here as basically my last resort, in the search for someone that has the knowledge on how to achieve this or can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

• Edited by andrehenk Tuesday, July 22, 2014 11:02 AM
    Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:58 AM

Answers