none
Connectonstrings for network connections in windows form program RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi,

I have this windows program, with vb.net and supposed to install it for every computer on our network, done that already, but the connection string on the app.config file is not connecting to the database on the server.

what kind of connection string can i use, presently i'm using:

<

add name="MMSConn" connectionString="Data Source=PROGRAMMER\FREDSQLSERVER;Initial Catalog=MediaMonitoring;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

which did not work, so i tried to use sqlserver configuration manager, to setup an ip address, and a port which i allowed in firewall, which is this:

<

add name="MMSConn" connectionString="Data Source=192.168.1.80,1050;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=MediaMonitoring;Trusted_Connection=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

which did not also work, what i'm i doing wrong, is the sqlserver configuration manager ip address, or i'm missing out something.

All i want to do is that my applications to see the database on my server.

all this i also tried on the server and its not working.

Thanks

Timotech

• Changed type Timotech Monday, July 19, 2010 3:32 PM Already Answered
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Everybody, i saw a video from asp.net site that solved my problem concerning this issue. the video number is 07, sql security and network connection.
    This is the link to the video, hope it solves other peoples problems too.

http://www.asp.net/learn/sql-videos/

Thanks

Timotech.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:36 AM