Known issue with MediaControl and the "playpausetogglepressed" triggered randomly ? (Release Preview)

Question

• Hello everyone,

I"m creating an application that use the background audio feature. So i added the right properties to my audio tag and added some eventlisteners on MediaControls like stated in the docs.

But something weird happen when i use the hardware button of my pc (play / pause one). Sometimes it works well and just dispatches an "playpausetogglepressed" event. But sometimes, and that happens randomly, after a couple push on the hardware button, it dispatches the event over and over, so my audio play and pauses over and over.

I can reproduce this issue in both the Virgin application (in the store) and the MS sample:

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Media-Buttons-ea57d8e2

So it doesn't seem to be a issue with our code but something more internal. I don't know if this is an issue already known but there is something there. It could also be an issue with VMWare, i don't know.

Did you notice this already? You can reproduce it with the MS sample.

Fabien

Saturday, August 4, 2012 5:32 PM

Answers

• It must be driver related or the interception of the driver through VMware.  It does not reproduce here.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:28 PM

All replies

• This is the first I have heard of this.  Sounds like a hardware and or virtualization problem to me.  What if you run on a physical machine or use Microsoft based virtualization?

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:33 PM
  • Hi,

I don't have a physical machine to test with, sorry

Fabien

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:36 PM
  • That's OK, I don't have a VMware machine.  What keyboard are you using?

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Monday, August 6, 2012 3:37 PM
  • The one from my laptop (unbranded one, AZERTY), its got a play / pause button as part of the "Fn" keys
    Monday, August 6, 2012 3:38 PM
  • It must be driver related or the interception of the driver through VMware.  It does not reproduce here.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:28 PM
  • alright, thanks for trying it out, must be something with virtualization, no big deal

Fabien

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 1:39 PM