Audio format conversion Custom filter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to develop a filter which receives input audio format type as MEDIATYPE_Stream_Buffered and does a conversion to MEDIATYPE_Audio. This is because my decoder only accepts MEDIATYPE_Audio as input format. My streaming source outputs in MEDIATYPE_Stream_Buffered data format.

When I read the spec, both this format has similar characteristics. Hence just data type format conversion will help me in converting the audio type. Do I need to do any other data manupulation for support this converion.

Regards,

SNTN

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Audio can be stored in many different file and compression formats, and converting between them can be a real pain. In the following article it will explain what different types of audio file formats are available, and what steps you will need to go through to convert between formats.

#How to convert between (most) audio formats:
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/501521/How-to-convert-between-most-audio-formats-in-NET .

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 2, 2014 3:19 AM