ProfileCommon No Longer Available in FrameWork 4.5 RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot access "Profile" property (class name is ProfileCommon, which is based off ProfileBase class but incorporates Profile properties defined in the Web.Config) from my code-behind anymore.

I am running FrameWork of 4.5 and assembly version 4.0.0.0, in C#.

But, in FrameWork 4.0, I can access it. For example, Profile.UserName gives the user name.

Why can't I access it in FrameWork 4.5 ? Has the access method be changed ? I am using edmx for my DB.

Thanks.

Goldstar Lee

• Edited by Goldstar Lee Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:21 AM Consistency between Title and Body
    Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Goldstar Lee,

For your question, please refer to the link below.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.profile.profilebase%28v=vs.110%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

If you need further help, please post a new thread in ASP.NET forum.

https://forums.asp.net/

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 8, 2018 3:05 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Thanks for helping.

But I am referring to accessing from the code-behind the Profile instance based off the Profile class for the currently logged in user, not the class itself, much the same way as accessing the current instance of Session, Application, ViewState, from the code-behind, e.g., from Page_Load(). And the instance not only includes the Properties from the ProfileBase class, but also the properties defined in the Profile section of the web.config as well.

I am able (still able up to now) to do it in FrameWork 4.0, but in 4.5 it suddenly disappears from under the rug.

Interestingly, in 2009 or so, someone reported this problem for FrameWork 4.0, the said they could do it in FrameWork 3.5 but not 4.0.

Per your suggestion, I will post this in ASP.NET forum.

Thanks again,

Goldstar Lee

Sunday, June 10, 2018 5:02 AM