blend 3 animation not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the trial version of expression blend 3, silverlight and running visual studio professional 2008 on win xp pro.  I created a silverlight app project, placed a rectangle on the screen and then created a new storyboard.  I set the time for a couple of seconds, moved the  rectangle and stopped the storyboard from recording.  When I run the app to display in IE explorer ver 6, nothing happens. Is there something I need to install to make this work?
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,
         You did create a animation but you didn't hook it up to play. Try these steps and let me know if it works for you.

1. Open Asset Panel and drag and drop "ControlStoryboradAction" behavior on the rectangle
    2. Select "ControlStoryboardAction" in Object and Timeline panel
    3. In Properties pane, set the storyboard you want to play in the "Storyboard" drop down
    4. Set the "Eventname" property to Loaded
    5. F5

You will see that animation will play as soon as Rectangle gets loaded. You can also create a button and add "ControlStoryboardAction" behavior to it to play animation on other events like click of a button etc...

You can use  http://www.kirupa.com/blend_silverlight/using_behaviors_pg1.htm to learn more about behaviors.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Navit Saxena
    • Proposed as answer by GiiVirgo Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:36 PM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:29 PM
  • You are awesome!

I looked high and low for a solution.

Ironically, when I first opened Blend 4 and created some simple key frame animations like the original poster did, it would show in browser (F5) without the need of the ControlStoryBoardAction. 

Then poof! Out of no where it wouldn't auto play anymore. All my animations were frozen. I had begun to think they weren't animating all along and I was just going crazy!

Thank you for saving me a ton of time!

-Regards!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:40 PM