Will Edge chromium replaces Microsoft Edge? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm currently using WebView in my .Net Application which emulates Microsoft Edge. When the update rolls out on Jan 15th 2020, Will Edge chromium replaces Microsoft Edge? If that's the case, it will be a problem for our users since we have no access to WebView2 .Net. I am little disappointed on how Microsoft left .Net behind when it comes to edge chromium. We could have contributed so much by testing it. And now the update is rolling out and yet there is no time frame on when .Net will be included. That's a set back for every company using .NET
    Monday, December 30, 2019 1:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark Ismail,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

As far as I know, MS Edge(Edge HTML) will continue to work, even after the launch of edge chromium browser. And MS Edge will still be supported.

You could refer to this blog: Microsoft Edge: Making the web better through more open source collaboration.

Hope this could help you.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 30, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Thanks for you Answer.
    Monday, December 30, 2019 5:43 PM
  • Hi Mark Ismail,

Thank you for your feedback.

If you have any other questions about Visual Studio General Questions, please feel free to contact us and we are willing to help you.

Have a nice day : )

Best Regards,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 6:32 AM
  • We could have contributed so much by testing it.
    It has been in beta for many months. I have been using the beta version as my main browser. You had plenty of opportunity to test it.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 12:31 PM
  • I remember the option for Edge and Internet Explorer when choosing a control in WPF.

I wonder what's happening with the IE people...

George Frias - AWWshop, Wiki1978

Wednesday, January 1, 2020 12:56 PM