Is it possible to use the HTTP connector in Azure Data Factory to Download a File from a Website RRS feed

• Question

• I have used the HTTP Connector in the Data Factory V2 Pipeline to get data from a Website where the data is a file accessed directly via a URL. However I cannot download a file from a Website using this method. I receive 404 (Not Found). Is it possible to use the HTTP connector in Azure Data Factory to Download a File from a Website?
    Friday, February 7, 2020 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Amie,

You can certainly "copy data" from a file via it's URL. 

When using HTTP as a source, Azure Data Factory support the following file formats. Refer to each article on format-based settings.

So you would basically have to create an HTTP connection (Linked service) as shown below :

On top of this you can create a dataset by selecting the format (csv/JSON/parquet/Avro etc).

You can now use this dataset as the source to copy data to your desired sink using a copy activity.

If you want to copy the file as is, you can select the binary copy option in the copy activity. 

Hope this helps.

Friday, February 7, 2020 11:33 AM
  • Hi there,

Just wanted to check - was the above suggestion helpful to you? If yes, please consider upvoting and/or marking it as answer. This would help other community members reading this thread.
    Tuesday, February 18, 2020 7:47 AM